For those of you who have been following since I started this venture, you might remember that I used to run a series called “Lingerie Beyond Victoria Secret” where I discussed pieces of luxury lingerie that made me swoon. As I’ve been travelling recently, I have accidentally neglected the series, but I thought I’d bring it back in force, and show you the bodysuits that currently have my eye.
5. Madame Aime- Spring/Summer 2015– Right now this is the only look we have at the newest season of Madame Aime silky rendition of the bodysuit (hence its placement in the lineup), but is it enough! Reminiscent of vintage bathing suits and Hollywood boudoirs, complete with a sensuous dip in the back, I’m counting down for this number. Not yet priced.
4. BlackMilk- The Battle Suit– Aptly named for its cause, The Battle Suit is one tough contender, though less of a tease than its predecessors, it could easily be worn to the grocery store with a pair of high-waisted jeans, or with the right heels, you could easily represent as the new “Single Lady.” $105
3. SJ Lingerie- Pearl Bodysuit and Belt– This dainty number seems right for almost any season. Whether you’re dreaming of a white Christmas or trying to escape the summer heat (Daisy Buchanan style), its light airy mystique teases and pleases. It buttons oh-so-deliciously up the front making it feel more playful than bridal, but gives it a secretive Victorian sensibility. $189.00
2. Bordelle- Bond-age Swimsuit– Not quite the playsuit you may have been thinking, while technically a swimsuit, don’t let its duality dissuade you. The flexibility which comes with it’s swimwear design allows a bit more comfort all around than bunched lace. Just enough to make an impression, this amphibious bodysuit can be dressed up or down to suit any evening’s taste. ~$351 (225 pounds)
1. Amoralle- Cream Full Sleeve Lace Bodysuit– Call me the fourth musketeer. I am obsessed with this suit from the exaggerated necktie to the billowy sleeves. It could be worn under a pencil skirt for a sexy evening or under a ’60s sleeveless swing dress with ease. Still, alone it seems to say New Years Eve done right. The entire Amoralle collection is quite unique this season, Those who aren’t sold on this might try this or this as an alternative. $341